Each day, from around the world, I get questions from trainers, coaches, experts and authorities just like you wondering how to make a great living doing what they love.
Before you get to my list (which, by the way, is only a fraction of your opportunities), you need to know one important thing: NEVER LISTEN TO PEOPLE WHO LIMIT YOUR VIEW OF OPPORTUNITY DUE TO THEIR LACK OF VISION!
HERE ARE YOUR 21 WAYS TO MAKE A GREAT LIVING AS A COACH OR TRAINER:
1. One-on-one training or coaching within your niche. People often overlook this option, but you can easily make $40 – $150/hr.
2. Group training or coaching in your client’s home. Now you’ve increased your income by 30% or more per hour.
3. Online coaching/training via Skype or Zoom. It’s soooooooo easy and now the world is your marketplace. As long as you speak the same language, you can help them!
4. Faith-based programs. If you and your clients already share a string religious/spiritual conviction, you have a bond. These programs can be done on your own or in conjunction with your faith organization.
5. Open a small studio/office and have trainers/coaches work for you. You oversee operations, leverage your time and multiply your earnings. You get a cut of all the sessions.
6. Write an ebook and publish it on Amazon Kindle. It’s really easy and cost NOTHING!!!! It’s the easy/fast way to show your expertise and generate leads.
7. You can host a podcast on iTunes. Set up is fairly easy and low in cost. You make money from advertisers and selling your products and services via short commercials. Host your podcast on Libsyn.
8. Offer online coaching/training via a membership platform. A simple and low cost way is to install Wishlist Member on a WordPress blog. Link it to a shopping cart of PayPal and you are in business. Clients pay a monthly membership fee. Yes, I’m simplifying, but you get the idea…..
9. Run an outdoor boot camp. As you may know, I started the “global craze” of fitness boot camps with Adventure Boot Camp. Since that time we have developed new programs like PURSUIT with Dr. Laura Miranda. We have people making well over $250/hr. Yes, it’s true.
10. Become EVEN MORE EDUCATED and train the trainers and coach the coaches by teaching workshops or creating educational courses for other experts.
11. Work with various destination resorts as a traveling expert to boost value to their guests. There are companies that help trainers align with various resorts in exotic locations to teach classes for duration of a week to a month. You get to stay at the resort FREE and get paid. It’s a cool deal.
12. Become a professional blogger. You make money by advertising, affiliate marketing, selling your own courses and programs, and even through Google ads.
13. Offer classes through your community groups such as the Chamber of Commerce, PTA/PTO, etc. Although there may be times when you have to do a revenue share, it will put money in your pocket.
15. Offer a combo training/coaching service to your current clients. EXAMPLE: They buy a 3-month package which includes 2x/week of fitness training and 1x/week of life/wellness coaching. Your client gets better overall “life” results and you don’t get bored doing the same thing over and over.
17. Health and wellness coaching. Wellness (and health is a part of wellness) is becoming the first TRILLION DOLLAR industry. It’s just crazy. If you are a life coach, health and wellness are essential to peak performance in life. It’s a natural fit. If you are a personal trainer, you know true success is far beyond counting reps and getting a pump. Health and wellness coaching is a natural fit and an easy sell to consumers who want more from life every day. You can enroll in the wellness coach certification or the master health and wellness coach certification.
18. Work with corporations. It’s well documented that corporations that invest in their employee health, fitness and wellness, get a HUGE return on investment. This is a different niche and you need specialized training to take full advantage of this HIGHLY LUCRATIVE NICHE.
19. Offer transformation contests/programs. Regardless of your niche, you can create a program that will fit your needs and be appealing to your client base. These contests usually run 6-8 weeks and pay you about $500 per person. Use this software to manage your programs. Use this program as done-for-you system to get up and running fast.
20. Become a professional speaker on your topic. Top speakers make $5000/day. Many others don’t get paid for the speech, BUT….. they can do a pitch for their services and end up doubling their business for zero advertising costs while becoming s noted authority.
21. Combine 2 or more of the preceding ideas into your own unique system. Think about how you can mix and match these ideas for the perfect business system that serves you and your clients.
Well…. there you have it. 21 ways to make a great living doing what you love. Please leave some comments below. Please share on social media!!!!