This is How Fitness Pros and Wellness Coaches can Actually Increase Their Content Marketing Effectiveness by up to 1000% and beyond:
What’s the master key to unlocking serious digital marketing and social selling power for your fitness business or wellness coaching practice?
Simple: The very latest content marketing best practices that have been proven to digitally out-perform your typical online competitors: those who don’t consistently apply these content marketing hacks.
Want to create and share content that gets found and consumed by your ideal customers 10X more efficiently than your typical online competitors? Here’s how to get started:
- Create and Share Extraordinary Blog Posts
According to some amazing and extensive online research recently conducted by the content marketing masters at SeigeMedia.com if you want to craft the most deep-engagement, high-converting content it’s critical that you:
- Write Shorter Blog Post URLs (the address to each individual post you write) should average 50 characters.
- Create and share More Interactive Content since it’s been shown to convert 2X better than static content (for example, live video streaming video events. Also, check out the exciting new shoppable video trend).
- Make your posts super easy to read and understand so a 13-15-year-old can read them.
- Use lots of bullet points in your posts. The highest performing content uses lists and bullet points 78% of the time. This makes for fast and easy scanning. The bonus is that you have pre-created content snacks to share across your social media accounts.
- Use top quality images to increase social sharing by up to 121%
- Add one great content enhancing image after every 75 to 100 words (get creative here! Visualize your story with images that really convey your message)
- Make social sharing super easy. Use a floating social media tab that moves along at reader eye level as they consume your content. In other words: make it as easy as possible for them to share your content in the positive emotional heat of the moment.
- Link out to great content: top ranked posts (Position 1) add live links 50% more of the time to hot non-competing content that they’re covering in their posts compared to those in “Position 10” content postings.
- Mentioning 3-5 business or people can increase social media sharing rates by 300-500%
- Write Longer Blog Posts. Create and share high-value, problem-solving, long-form blog posts. Top Ranking posts have an average of 2,416 words.
- Do Your Social Sharing at The Top Posting Times:
As you probably know, effective content marketing can be very time-consuming.
Social sharing in a way that strategically engages and builds your social media tribe is a major cornerstone of this year’s content marketing best practices.
Save huge amounts of time and maximize objective follower engagement by posting, tweeting, chatting and pinning at the very best times of the day and week across all of your key social media accounts (the ones most likely to be packed with your ideal customers).
For example, post to:
- Facebook Thurs-Sun 1-4 pm
- Twitter Mon-Thursdays 12-5pm
- LinkedIn Tues-Thursday 5-6pm
- Do Your Email Marketing at the Best Times and Keep Emails Short:
Want to dramatically increase your email marketing sales and get more paying customers and clients?
Well, just like you need to do your social sharing at the best possible times, you need to be doing your email marketing at the best possible times to maximize your click through, conversion and overall email marketing ROI.
Did you know:
- Getting fresh, value-creating content out to your email list on Mondays increases sales-conversion rates 80% more effective than getting it out on Thursdays.
- The best time of day to send emails is between 9am-2pm while your ideal customer or client is at work
- Keep your email content short and sweet. According to these experts, around 80-90 words is ideal.
- Great video is an email marketing gold mine. Here’s how to:
- Use Your Ultimate Content Marketing Secret Weapon – VIDEO!
The extraordinary competitive advantage you create for your business by including amazing video in your email marketing campaigns is an essential case in point:
- Using strong video in Your Email Marketing can boost open rates by 20% and increase click-through rates 200-300%
- Using the word “video” in email subject lines boosts open rates 19%, click-through rates by 65%, and reduces unsubscribes by 26%” (BrainShark.com)
With great video, viewers stay on a web page up to 2 minutes longer than the typical 8 seconds visitor bounce rate and that will make a HUGE difference in your online sales numbers if you have a solid value proposition.
High-value video content also increases social media sharing rates by up to 1200% compared to just text and static images. It also amplifies conversion rates on average 24% and content marketing ROI up to 300%.
Great Facebook Live Video content Boost These Video Marketing Benefits by yet Another Whopping 300%!
- Use Viral Headline Structure to Write Your Videos and Blog Posts
Steve Rayson over of Buzzsumo.com fame, arguably the single most valuable online content marketing tool, recently analyzed the most socially shared content in their vast buzzsumo database.
What Steve discovered about truly viral headlines and what these headlines teach us about the top performing content that most often follows those headlines – is truly fascinating and valuable!
This may be the most important set of content marketing hacks you learn this year!
There’s a critical difference between objective follower engagement as measured in shares, likes and comments, etc and a bottom line increase in your sales, revenue, and new client acquisition rates.
For many, the viral headline clearly signals value and heightened emotional experiencing. For your ideal customer who’s looking to pay for your product or service right now, that means actually interacting with your content which opens the door to more sales.
For many others, the viral headline is like an amazing Twitter tweet, by itself delivering emotionally laden value, triggering them to share in the moment. And that means increasing exposure and an increased likelihood of being consumed by your targeted reading audience – new paying customers and clients – who read your headline as a result.
In Steve’s words:
“The most important element is probably the headline. The headline will determine the number of people that click through to read the post and the number of people that share the post, many without reading it.” – Steve Rayson
Here are The 5 Elements of a Viral Headline:
#1 Emotional Element: First and for most a viral headline inspires strong, contagious, usually positive emotions. These range from or combine a sense of amusement, genuine surprise or the warm and fuzzies.
#2 Content Element: Amazing headlines also let readers know to expect high-quality visual content such as images and video. It also informs the reader of serious value-creating or problem-solving information including facts, charts, quotes and real time interaction.
The lesson here is that there is enormous content marketing synergy in combining stunning visuals and brilliant but simply expressed pain-point solving.
#3 Topic Element: The most socially shared content also reflects the hottest “trending Topics i.e. Zombies, Donald Trump, Health, Cats/Dogs babies, long life, love” etc.
As a fitness pro or wellness coach, you want to be sharing and embedding your content within the context of the hottest topics that are most relevant and top of mind to your ideal customers.
#4 Format Element: Again, just like we saw in content element 2, readers and viewers are looking for facts, figures, and stats that are going to make a real and immediate positive change in their lives and their businesses.
Top performing posts are most often List Posts. They frequently contain quizzes, integration of real life storied examples and curated research reports.
#5 Promise Element: Viral Headlines are so results driven. “How to,” “Complete Guide To..”, “Practical Tips” and “How to Improve” posts are among the most successful.
As a fitness or wellness expert, you want to really focus on solving real-world pain points by sharing your most valuable tips, tools and strategies in every post.
“Superlative or emotional words” are an important part of actually “using a viral headline structure.”
And different superlatives can have stronger effects on sharing and engagement levels depending on the specific social media platform you’re sharing your content on.
That means it’s important to tailor and tune your headlines based on the type of reader. For example, think about the differences between a business-formal tone and a gym-conversational tone.
For example, the word “Amazing” works better on Facebook compared to “Successful” when sharing on LinkedIn.
Not only that, but a highly salient and emotionally inspiring promise can “stand alone as a viral headline.”
Ask yourself: What do you promise your reader through your headline? Is it clear what bottom line value, inspiration or joy they will experience if they click-through, consume and share your content?