Many people dream of becoming a successful entrepreneur, yet many never take the first step. Others get started, and then become frustrated and filled with self-doubt.
And, because they stop….. they never realize their dreams.
I’m determined to do something about this.
Your first step is really this simple….. Believe you can, and NEVER let anyone or anything to get in your way to slow you down or bring you to a halt.
How do these self-limiting beliefs create self-talk which keeps you from executing your plan?
There are two schools of thought:
1. All self-doubt/self-talk (at one point) was learned from an outside source (parent/teacher/etc). Over time, because of their authority, it became your thoughts and self-talk………… unconsciously.
2. Because of the human species elemental desire/need for self-preservation, we are wired to be cautious of anything that is scary or uncertain. A long time ago, that’s what would keep us safe. This is all documented through the science of evolutionary neurology. We have come a long way over thousands of years, but our desire to stay alive (and safe) remains. This is why we often hold back from taking risks. It’s in our DNA.
Personally, I think both theories 1 & 2 are true. It is a combination of nature and nurture.
So, what does this mean?
Understand it’s normal (yet not always optimal) to have fear, anxiety and uncertainty, which can hold you in place.
So, there are a few things you can do to move past these biological, neurological and often self-perpetuating beliefs which hold you back from entrepreneurial greatness…..
1. The strategies taught in the Spencer Institute Results Coach Certification and the Life Strategies Coach Certification can reduce and even eliminate these thoughts. It’s about resetting the amigula in each hemisphere of your brain. Simple. Fast. Safe. Awesome. Yes, you can use these strategies for yourself, or become certified. It’s a profitable coaching career, too.
2. Understand that everyone has these thoughts from time to time. Although not ideal, it’s normal. So, realize it’s all just a story you tell yourself (And it’s likely BS), so sprint past these limiting beliefs, and get what you want and deserve.
3. Or, NOT ADVISED, you can allow those BS thoughts to keep you from your dreams of becoming a successful entrepreneur.
Of course, there is much to becoming a successful entrepreneur than mindset. However, in my 25 years of entrepreneurship, I have found mindset, self-efficacy (a strong belief in your abilities) and a straight forward kick ass attitude are most vital. You need all this FIRST before you can make any sales funnel, Facebook ad or email campaign work optimally. That’s just the way it works.
Thanks for reading. I’m here to support you.
If you are ready to step things up, see which of my coaching programs is best for you.
To your confident future!