In this post I cover the 3 Most Powerful Twitter marketing tools used by the world’s leading Twitter managers, to quickly build huge, highly-active and deeply engaged business Twitter tribes.
For industry leading fitness pros and wellness coaches, Twitter is still one of the top 3 most vital social media platforms for building brand awareness, connecting with ideal customers and generating large volumes of real-time traffic to your business blog and high-value video marketing content.
This is especially true if your target market includes business leaders and managers in the corporate, tech, marketing, and medical industries.
I’m talking about the well-paid professionals in their late 30s-60s, – the none-“native users” who still prefer Twitter mainly due to its simpler-than-Snapchat, text, image and old style video sharing features.
Sharing your latest and pre-existing content on a truly great Twitter account also boosts the value of your blog content on Google by sending it’s algorithms a strong social signal each time you tweet a link to it.
10,000+ highly active real Twitter followers is an excellent starting number for really beginning to unlock the social media value of Twitter for your business.
The Twitter-building tools and strategies I’m recommending here actually become more and more effective at getting results as your Twitter account grows because you can follow more accounts as it does.
Yet so many business Fail to Build Great Twitter accounts! Many simply can’t seem to get past the mere few hundred followers mark.
And why do so many fail when it comes to Twitter?
Simple: they don’t use the top Twitter tools and tactics that the best performing accounts are using.
If you use the right tools in the right ways, you can realistically attain this goal of 10,000 niche targeted followers in as little as 90 days.
There’s no reason why you don’t take this number into the tens of thousands over next 9-12 months if you continue using these tools and tips!
To really succeed with this strategy, I Strongly Recommend that you apply these: 26 Powerful Twitter Marketing Tips for Fitness and Coaching Professionals right from the moment you start building your new Twitter account or radically improving your existing one.
Here’s where you need to start:
This is the Twitter tool that leading Twitter marketing experts don’t want you to know about.
Unless you’re already an established and highly sought after brand or easily recognized industry thought leader, the real key to Twitter success is building a large niche targeted following.
And that means starting out with a reciprocal following strategy. In other words you follow back everyone who follows you.
Sure it’s great to have a short list of 1000 raging Twitter fans in your tribe, but that’s what Twitter-Lists are for! And it’s a good idea to create such a raging fan Twitter List from day one and regularly add followers to it who really engage with you and your content in real time.
Tweepi.com is arguably the most powerful Twitter-following tool on the market right now.
There is a free version you can use, although it’s strongly recommended that you get the highly affordable paid version as your account starts to take on some serious growth.
Tweepi allows you to follow large numbers of followers from existing accounts related to your niche.
But what really sets Tweepi apart from the other major Twitter following tools, is that it allows you to quickly identify and follow accounts that have the highest probability of following you back!
You can actually arrange your displayed list of potential followers according to what Tweepi calls their “Follow Ratio”.
For instance, an account with a follow ratio of 100% has nearly 100% likelihood of following you back.
If you click on one of the accounts with the 100% ratio, you’ll see that they tend to practice a reciprocal following strategy (like I’m recommending here). In other words: they follow back just about everyone who follows them.
Now in most cases, these 100% follow ratio accounts are a small fraction of those that make up a total number of followers for a well-established Twitter account.
Tweepi enables you to quickly identify and follow hundreds of those high-value accounts quickly and efficiently! That’s the real key to your rapid Twitter growth with real niche-specific followers!
Once you’ve set up your Twitter account and image and keyword-optimized your profile for maximum branding effect, use the Twitter search bar to find your favorite industry leading fitness or coaching experts and authors.
Make a top 10 list of their Twitter handles so you can easily copy/paste them to the Tweepi account search bar.
Next got to Tweepi.com and:
- Click on “login” in at the top right-hand corner of the screen. This will automatically connect the app to your Twitter account.
- Then click on the “Follow Tools” tab in the top left corner of the screen.
- Select “By a user’s followers”.
- Type the name of the account you want to follow in the search field that opens.
- Click on the “Columns” button under the search bar on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Make sure to select “Follower Ration”, “Follower Count” “Follower Location” and “Last Tweeted” as your main follow filters. “Last tweeted” is a high-value search filter as well because you want to avoid following inactive accounts. “Location” is a great filter especially given the Proximity-Based Mobile Marketing Craze that’s going on right now. It gives you a sense of where a given account is located (for example, you may want to focus more on US accounts if you’re in the US or even on your own city).
- Once you’ve selected your primary follower filters Click on Follower-Ratio to arrange followers based on their likelihood of following you back.
- At first only follow accounts with a ratio between around 130-97% (this will really increase the rate by which folks follow you back). Later as your account gets more established, you can start to increase to a ratio of 130%+
- As you’re using Tweepi to follow accounts, it’s good to get into the habit of glancing over at the “Last Tweeted” column and try to avoid accounts that haven’t tweeted in the past 4 or more days. This will help you focus on following active accounts and that keep your engagement metrics spiking. You can monitor this effect from your Twitter Analytics
Essential Tweepi Tips: Start by following around one or two hundred accounts. Make sure to welcome new followers with a quick thank you. This will begin your brand building process and increase your objective engagement measures right from the get go. If you’re building an existing account, Tweepi will let you know what your ideal daily follower limits are based on their careful monitoring of changes in Twitter’s API.
If your plan is to apply this following strategy to an existing account, you’re likely going to see a sharp spike in your Twitter engagement metrics.
It’s good to welcome and thank your new followers as often as possible. You can speed this process up by creating a single welcome tweet for each two or three new followers.
Not everyone is going to follow you back at first when you still have very few followers. This is true even if they do have a good follow ratio.
It’s essential that you remove all the accounts that don’t follow you back within about two or three days, so you can follow a fresh batch of new high-reciprocation accounts to build your account faster.
And that’s where Manageflitter.com comes in. It’s hands down the best unfollow for Twitter tool on the market period.
Like Tweepi, ManageFlitter.com does have a free version but the highly affordable paid version of both of these tools allow you to get a lot more done in a much shorter period of time.
The paid version of Manageflitter gives you unlimited un-follows. At $12 per month the Pro edition is well worth it if you’re serious about building an amazing Twitter account). The paid versions of Tweepi.com range from $7.49 to 14.99 per month.
To start using the free version of Manageflitter, begin by:
- Signing into your Twitter account.
- Go to Manageflitter.com and press the big red “Start” button and connect to Twitter:
- This populates a list of all the followers who are not following you back.
- To really save time, make sure the “Batch Select” button is turned on at the mid-right of the screen.
- You can then hover over and highlight up to 100 accounts and select them for later un-following.
- Once you’ve selected all the accounts you want to un-follow click the “process now” button.
- Click the unfollow button beside each account you’re going to stop following.
- Don’t unfollow too quickly. Click to unfollow at a moderate pace as Twitter is becoming more picky about people unfollowing super-fast (for example more than 50-75 unfollows per minute).
- It’s also recommended to click on the “Fake (Spam)” accounts button on the right-hand tab menu that runs along your unfollow list. This allows you to find and remove fake and spam accounts to ensure you’re connecting with real, active Twitter followers.
Bonus ManageFlitter Tip: Plan to do your Twitter following on the same days you first promote the latest piece of content you’ve created. Also, make sure to “Pin” that latest blog post or video to the top of your Twitter stream. That way many of the new accounts you’ve followed who are checking out your profile will see your latest post, and this can really boost the number of shares and likes you get for it.
As your account starts to grow on Twitter, it’s critical that you provide your growing Twitter tribe with a good flow of highly useful and emotionally inspiring content.
DrumUp is a fantastic content marketing app that can be used to instantly find and share deep-engagement content for your ideal customers across all of your social media accounts.
It streamlines and accelerates your whole content curation and social sharing process. It’s also a great tool for finding hot content craft your own amazing content marketing blog posts and videos around.
All you do is plug in your keywords and DrumUp provides you with a huge list of highly shared, trending content including blog posts, articles and videos, right at your finger-tips to be instantly tweeted, posted or pinned. And they have a great app for both Android and iPhone you can use.
What’s really amazing about DrumUp for Twitter is that it actually provides you with “Smart Hashtag” suggestions to help you create and optimize super-tweets. This is perfect for finding Hashtags to use on Facebook and Instagram as well!
DrumUp also lets you instantly cross-post from one social media account to another without having to open your other accounts. You can share great content on the spot or pre-schedule the content to be shared at the best times of the day when people are more likely to retweet.
Having an amazing real-time source of fresh content for your quickly growing organic Twitter Tribe frees up so much of your time so you can focus on building a massive targeted Twitter following with Tweepi and Manageflitter.
Don’t Give up!
Finally, when it comes building an amazing Twitter account, you need to know that it does take time. This is particularly the case over the first 2 to 3 months.
The secret to your Twitter success, in addition to using the tools and tactics I’ve recommend here: is never to give up!
That’s the mistake all those underperforming accounts make. Instead, focus on your goal of building a world-class Twitter Tribe, and in a few months, that’s exactly what you’re going to have for your business!
Super-Bonus Tip: Join My Private Facebook Group Right Now so I Can Give You Free World Class Business Development and Digital Marketing Coaching and Mentoring! Let Me Share My Knowledge and Experience with you to Help Bring Your Fitness or Life Coaching Business to The Next Level!