In the last week or so, I’ve been discussing Facebook Live videos with my free coaching group, Cocktails with JSE.
And, we’ve been doing specific training about Facebook Live in my high-level coaching program, The Penthouse Group.
It seems people are having some common challenges with their Facebook Live videos.
So, let me ask you…
1) Are you doing live videos (Facebook, Instagram and/or YouTube) at all? If you are, how often?
2) Are you confident while on camera?
3) Are you getting results?
Let me share with you WHY you will want to do Facebook Live videos on a regular basis…
1) Facebook favors video (especially live video) in the news feed. This means you will reach more people with less effort.
2) People perceive live video as an event and get more involved.
3) Live video is the fastest and easiest way to become a perceived expert (of course you need to offer value, too).
4) Live video can later be boosted as a video ad to your target market.
5) On a live video, you can teach, demo, do Q & A, launch a product, share an experience, interview a guest and much more.
Here’s how you ensure the video is a success:
1) Announce you are going live via email and posts on your wall.
2) Be consistent when going live (same time and day each week). You want people to expect it and to tune in live.
Here’s how you make a great video:
1) Relax, smile, laugh and have fun.
2) Don’t delay when you go live. Start immediately with high energy.
3) With few exceptions, do the video with your phone horizontal.
4) Make sure you have great lighting. You can get softbox kits (studio lighting) on Amazon for less than $80.
5) Have a clear/clean background, or one that is scenic and adds to the story. However, watch out for strange objects, trees and pictures “growing out of your head” as perceived by the viewer.
6) When you start, explain what you are going to offer – The promise.
7) Deliver the promise.
8) Close and give a call to action of what to do next (click, buy, register, etc).
REMEMBER: On average, 300% more people will watch your video in the replay as compared to live. So, don’t worry about your live numbers. You must be consistent over time and all numbers will grow.
Now, get out there and do this. If you don’t, you will fall behind your competitors who embrace this growing medium. GO!
Thanks for reading!
PS: You can still join the Penthouse Group. Daily online coaching, weekly video coaching and 3 live events at my penthouse on the Las Vegas Strip each year. It’s awesome. Don’t regret missing out. Join us now!