We live in a world that is rapidly adapting technology to maximize efficiency. You can observe this by thinking about the intervention of smartphones and computers in your daily life. Whether you’re a freelancer, employee, business owner or even a normal individual, you rely heavily on technology for your work every day.
People are shifting towards video conferencing and online communication for carrying on with their business. Video conferencing equipment enhances productivity and connectedness, especially while doing remote work or in work-from-home situations. According to a study, 96% of people agree to the fact that video conferencing improves connectivity and communication amongst team members working remotely.
Why Should You Use Video Conferencing Equipment?
However, the majority of people are not able to utilize video conferencing and other tools while working from home. This is primarily because of two things:
- They don’t have first-hand experience of remote work
- They aren’t aware of appropriate software and features
Whatever be the case, I’ve got your back. I have relentlessly worked on developing the best and most effective strategies that you can use to enhance your productivity and concentration. With the help of video coaching equipment and a strategic approach, you can work like never before.
Let us take a look at some benefits of video conferencing.
- Improved communication amongst team members
- Option to record the conference for future reference
- You can connect with as many people you want, irrespective of location
- It is relatively secure. Generally video conference rooms are password protected
- You get the option to share your laptop screen for demonstrating your work
- Apart from this, video conferencing saves a lot of commute time and workspace resources
- You can set up a system of your own with the help of video conferencing equipment.
You can avail these benefits by taking up a simple video conferencing training course. Afterall, productivity in work directly affects your promotions and your career. You must consider this option while you work remotely for your organization.
Now that you’re aware of the benefits of video conferencing, let us dig further into this topic.
How Can You Start Video Conferencing for Training, Coaching or Consulting?
There are a variety of options when it comes to video coaching equipment and platforms. Here’s a list of some of the best and most feasible platforms.
Google Hangouts is one of the most commonly used video conferencing platforms. It has a very large user base. Moreover, if you’re using an android phone, then you are already signed up on google hangouts. You just need to start using it for conferences. Hangouts allow you to host 1-1 video calls as well as group conferences.
This tool is designed specifically for business needs irrespective of organization’s size. You can use Webex for high definition video conference, screen sharing as well as voice calling. The best part about Cisco Webex is the feature of co-browsing and file transfer. It can be your go-to option if you want to give consultancy services to large organizations.
Zoom is an ideal tool for small startups and individual video calls. You don’t need any specific video conferencing equipment to set it up. You can use this service through a dedicated software or from your web browser itself. Initially, Zoom was made especially for businesses, but now it has expanded its horizons for everyday use. Therefore, you can use this tool for training and consulting your clientele.
Join.me provides a robust VoIP conferencing feature for free, which makes it one of the most preferred options for video conferencing and communication. According to a claim on their website, 90% of Fortune 500 companies use it. Apart from video conferencing, you can also avail enterprise verification and integration with salesforce.
Skype is probably the most widely used video conferencing tool. It is designed to cater the regular needs as well as business requirements. Skype Premium has the feature of screen sharing with upto 10 users in a conference room. The simple UI and robustness of skype makes it the primary choice of small business startups, training and consulting firms.
Coaching Clients on Video
Even if you have these aforementioned tools installed in your computer, you need to make the best use of them. In order to give a better experience to your clients, you should use proper video coaching equipment. You must connect a webcam and mic to your computer for better sound and video quality.
However, it is not enough to install the software and assemble the equipment. You should coach your clientele in a well defined manner for proper delivery.
- Irrespective of your niche, you must choose a platform that offers services like screen sharing, presentations, screen control, etc. for your video sessions. This adds agility to your course as you can use visual aids, videos, articles along with face to face calls.
- After deciding the perfect platform for your video coaching, you must allot a time slot that is convenient to you as well as the clients. Just like you schedule in-person appointments, you can plan video coaching sessions by consulting with your clientele beforehand.
A predefined time table will help save you a lot of time that is otherwise wasted in waiting for parties to join. Most of the video conferencing platforms have the feature of sending scheduled meeting invitations.
- In addition to this, you must ensure smooth internet on your as well as client’s side. It is more important than setting up video conferencing equipment. This is because improper internet causes disturbances in video streams and it might reduce the video quality. It is very crucial because when you share screens for presentations, you can’t compromise on graphs and numbers as it might lead to confusion.
- Last but not the least, you should definitely use password protected video conference rooms. Some platforms have the feature of enterprise specific authentication that you can consider. Restricting the access to your coaching session will not only maintain privacy, but will also prevent unauthorized access of users who haven’t paid for your sessions.
To know more about video conferencing for remote work and getting expertise, do check out my blog. Furthermore, to get in-depth knowledge, you can also consider the modules in this course.
Thanks for reading!
PS – This is how I efficiently get moolah dropped in my account each Monday.
This is how you can build a fun, easy-to-operate and profitable online business selling products or services.
This is how you efficiently increase your blog’s rank on Google