Hello Team JSE,
Are you familiar with the term “pivot” as it relates to a business or your career path?
Essentially, we all come to a point in our career/business when we just need a change. Sometimes it’s within the same industry, and other times it can be something completely different. There are no rules, except….
If you are going to pivot, and do something new, you need to know a few things.
Here’s what you need to know:1. You will feel excited and scared at the same time….. and it’s okay.
2. You need to LEARN a lot about your new venture.
3. You will need to avoid the common mistakes associated with transitioning into_____ ___ career/business.
4. There will likely be a “ramp up” period to get going in your new quest. Plan accordingly. As an example, if you are going to become a personal trainer, pivoting to open a personal training business in November would be very tough (holiday time). Getting rolling in January will make it easier. Starting a beach rental business in the winter will likely be a challenge. You get the idea. Do your homework.
5. You need to model/learn from the people who are the top 1% in this new endeavor.
There are lots of reasons why someone would pivot.
These reasons could include any or all of the following:
1. Bored with your current career
2. Your current job is being replaced by technology
3. You cannot earn what you need at current job
4. You desire more mental stimulation
5. You are just sick and tired of what you are doing and ANYTHING is better
In short, it’s never to late. Some times of the year may be best. You need to do research. Hiring a coach/mentor will ease the transition and speed it up (while increasing your likelihood of success).
I’m here to help you any way I can.
Success isn’t just an opportunity. It’s your obligation to your family. And, it’s great to create something meaningful for society.
PS: I now offer MANY different coaching/mentoring/mastermind options that will guide you through the biggest entrepreneurial challenges. It’s fun and rewarding. Click over now to decide which program is best for you. https://johnspencerellis.com/coaching/