In this new age, more and more people are going location independent for work. The question is what is the location independent lifestyle and why is it gaining momentum?
A location free lifestyle implies the new age technology and digital media to create a career that does not require you to be at any particular physical location. You can choose to work from the location of your choice; all you need is a laptop and a robust internet connection. People who adapt to location free lifestyle are digital nomads.
This lifestyle has gained popularity over the years as jobs have become less location-dependent and the abundance of internet, cellular data networks and cloud service has made it easier for location independent individuals to work efficiently. Also, with the liberty to work from anywhere, be it libraries, parks, coffee house or Wi-Fi hotspots have further enabled the digital nomads.
TYPES OF LOCATION FREE CAREERS
Location independent workers can be roughly classified into three types. A number of jobs fall under these three categories of location free lifestyle.
Entrepreneurs are individuals who have the capacity and the will to start their own business to fill a gap in the market. They, in most situations, assume full responsibility for the risk associated with the start-up of a new venture. Thus, they are their own boss and take the liberty to make their decisions.
Almost all location free entrepreneurs run some kind of online business but it requires careful planning the structure of their business. Successful location free entrepreneurs ensure that the business they have dived into can be marketed and dealt with virtually and for this reason, they need to invent items or new technology, or precisely anything that does not require them to be physically present in times of need.
This is another type of career option that allows you to earn money being in any part of the world. Freelancers are the people who provide their services to various clients rather than working for a single employer. Freelancers are self-employed but they can be or cannot be location independent workers according to their preference.
Going location free depends on a lot of factors including the kind of service you provide and your working professional relationship with your clients. You can opt for blogging, remote freelancing which involves writing and editing website content and articles, and various other designing and development tasks that you can complete while staying at one place.
This is a type of work arrangement where the employee negotiates to work outside the office often end up working at home or a location close to home. Telecommuters are different from digital nomads because they don’t have the liberty to work at their own convenience. They need to be available for a certain number of hours so they can communicate with the office.
PROS AND CONS OF LOCATION FREE LIFESTYLE
This may sound like a perfect career to many apparently, working for your own self while travelling full-time around the world. You may see them as people who are free to work where ever they want while earning income online. But for most, this lifestyle shift does not come easy. It is a combination of a lot of hard work, sacrifice in personal and professional aspects, unexpected surprises and tough realizations that open eyes to the harsh reality that one is not yet ready to face.
Like all other things in the world, location free lifestyle comes with advantages and disadvantages.
• Working location free allows you to save money spent on commuting. Since you don’t have to rush for office every day, it saves a lot of time, effort and resources.
• It also saves up the cost of spending a fortune on your work wardrobe since you can pretty much work from your desired location, you can wear comfortable clothes and still be able to meet the deadline.
• You are your own boss. You decide your working hours, you decide lunch breaks and you decide when you need to stop working. You can choose to work at night time or day time, whatever seems suitable.
• The best part of the location free lifestyle is that you can work from home or a coffee place or just from the road; it’s all up to you. You just need to e sue to deliver your work and satisfy your client to keep it going
• Working location independent results in a lot of job exposure. Digital nomads can take up freelance writing jobs, travel blogging, influencer, social media manager and You Tuber. There is so much to learn from different jobs and gain hands-on experience which is never possible with a traditional on-desk job.
• If you have a location independent job then you need to be self-disciplined in your working hours and commitments. It is easy to get distracted with
• Since friends and family are away and cannot understand the nature of the work and the struggles you go through, it makes you miss the comfort of having someone familiar to listen to problems.
Check out this blog on how to make friends as a digital nomad.
• Working location free incurs the additional hidden expense. This may include travel insurance cost, gadget insurance cost, cost of documentation and visas, cost of renting a workspace and travelling cost.
• Location independent lifestyle needs a lot of patience. There is no pathway to success and it takes a lot of time and effort to make your mark in the field and stand out.
• Although it does allow choosing your preferred location to work from, this lifestyle can be consuming at times. One may end up working a lot more than they should for the day, which may pose a serious health concern.
For many, this is a dream job. It will make you a part of an amazing community comprising of passionate individuals you will ever meet with extraordinary lifestyles.
Thanks for reading!
PS – Online Expert Empire is how you efficiently create your first product and build your online business so you can live/work anywhere (coffee shop, home office, while traveling).
This is how I efficiently get moolah dropped in my account each Monday.
This is how I help you make your business more efficient with the support of awesome people who want to help you.
This is how you efficiently increase your blog’s rank on Google